Many aquariums like to avoid being caught in a newly-harvested quarantine aquarium because of the extra expense and bother. However, there are situations where it is very beneficial to have a quarantine aquarium. If you have precious species in your aquarium, or if you want to reprogram your fishes, it is a great benefit to have a spare aquarium. It can be used to prevent a suddenly emerging disease from spreading to all fish, or it can be kept in reserve for emergencies.
Use of quarantine aquariums
Probably the last thing we want to do is that a fish we add to the aquarium is carrying a disease that will keep all the fish out of the way. For a few weeks or even a month, a new fish must be kept under surveillance in a separate aquarium. In the meantime, your fish will get used to the aquarium water you use.
Your aquarium may also develop a disease. Medicines and chemicals used in the treatment of this disease will cause strase and undesirable side effects in your fish. After taking the diseased fish into the quarantine aquarium, you can use less medication in your main aquarium.
Of course there are other reasons for keeping a quarantine aquarium. The offspring may need to be separated from adult fish or the aggressive fish may have to be removed from the aquarium. The aggressive fish will lose its territory when the main aquarium is taken back.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $36.98Was: $51.37
Build a simple aquarium
For the quarantine aquarium you need the aquarium cover, the filter and the heater for the tropical aquarium. Be anxious about the aquarium and take care to put it where you have no activity.
- The cover is particularly necessary because the patient and stressed fish are likely to bounce off the aquarium.
- Fish usually do not like bright light. For this reason, you do not need to use lighting.
- There will be a few fish, so a low-cost power filter will see your business.
- Good ventilation should be provided for the drugs used to reduce oxygen in the water.
- If the fish are grown in the aquarium, a lower-powered sponge filter should be used.
- The volume of the required aquarium varies according to the size of your fish.
The quarantine aquarium does not need to be continuously operated. If you do not need it, it can be emptied and kept waiting. Continue to use the filter in your main aquarium so that useful bacteria can be found when it is re-installed. In this way, you will have a ready-made filter and your main aquarium will be cleaner. When you need it, fill it with water from the main aquarium. In this regard, diseased fish do not have to get used to the new water conditions. If you buy a new fish, you will get used to your current water conditions.
- Run the aquarium for diseased fish or at least a few weeks if you’ve set up to observe your newly acquired fish. This time will be longer if you have set up to raise the puppy.
- Make frequent water changes in disease treatment. 30% change of water several times a week is often enough. Water quality is very important, test it often.
- Feed your fish regularly. Avoid overfeeding because it invites illnesses. Feed your fish frequently and steadily with quality food.
- If you are going to use carbon or similar chemical filters, it will greatly reduce the residual pollution that ordinary filters can not cope with.