They are poisoned when they are exposed to carbon monoxide for a long time. This is why you have to be careful.
One of the factors that cause cat poisoning is cardio monoxide. Carbon monoxide. The resulting gas is called carbon monoxide after the burning of carbon-containing organic substances. Colorless, tasteless and odorless, this gas is toxic to both cat and humans.
Carbon monoxide poisoning in cats occurs via airborne breathing. Carbon monoxide in the medium is mixed with hemoglobin, which is calm by air. Gas combined with blood causes a decrease in the oxygen input to the body.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $36.98Was: $51.37
Unfortunately, many of the carbon monoxide poisonings suffered by cats are caused by mistakes or omissions of their owners. For example, if you leave your cat indoor in the same garage as your employee, you will reach poisoning levels for your gas cat inside about 10 minutes and carbon monoxide poisoning will eventually occur. Exposure to carbon monoxide for a long time will cause hypoxemia in the cats, as well as low oxygen levels and death, will occur if not intervened.
Causes of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Kedi
- Keeping cats closed in the same environment as a working car
- Do not ventilate areas with carbon monoxide (fireplace, oven etc.)
- Gas powered heaters
- Home fires
- Furnaces without ventilation
The factors listed above are sufficient for the carbon monoxide poisoning of cats. Poisoning of cats that remain in such environments for a long time will be inevitable. People who feed their cat at home should not ignore it and take the necessary precautions.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms in Kedi
Depending on the concentration and duration of carbon monoxide that the cat has taken, the symptoms will vary acutely or chronically. The symptoms observed in cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in cats can be listed as follows.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Change in walk
- Respiratory difficulty
- Color changes seen in cherry reds in cat skin. (Especially in the nostrils, lips, ears and sexual organs)
- Hearing loss
- If it is not intervened, coma and death will occur.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Treatment in Kedi
Early intervention in carbon monoxide poisoning saves lives, as is the case with other poisoning cases in keds.
If you suspect that the cat has been exposed to carbon monoxide gas, you should call a veterinarian immediately. At this time, you should check for possible sources of gas to prevent any leakage.
In these cases, first of all urgent intervention is required to get oxygen as much as the vital organs. Pure oxygen supplementation is applied. Apart from that, the most appropriate treatment will be applied by the veterinarian in the fastest way.
Precautions to be taken
As we mentioned a bit earlier, carbon monoxide poisoning of cats is one of the biggest shareholders in their lives. For this reason, if you have a cat at home, you should be careful and take some precautions. If you have a garage at home, you should be careful that your cat does not get in here. You should also check if gas-fired heaters are leaking.