All About Budgerigar, Care, Breeding, Feeding
The lines at the head of the budgerigar are evident. He disappeared in his youth. Small patches around your neck. The feet are cleaner, without cracks, smooth. Furthermore, the white ring around the eyes will not be in the pups. In some mutations, the eye ring does not occur at all.
If you are a bracelet, you can learn the year of birth by looking at the bracelet
Striped head – smaller than 4 months
Get clean – bigger than 4 months
0-4-month-old – eye
4-6 months – dark gray iris
6-8 months – light gray iris
Large-white iris for 8 months
How is the gender of a budgerigar determined?
Many birds may want to know if their bird is female or male. The sex determination of an adult bird is very simple. Depending on color and mutations and hormone balances, there may be variations in cereal colors and changes may occur.
Looking at the color of the meat piece on the beak given cere name is crucial in determining the gender. Healthy birds exhibit typical cereal colors.
Females of breeding month
Adult and healthy female birds usually have a cereal color that looks at coffee coloring. If a female is ready for cereal, the cereale color will settle and the cercenine skin will get a cracked and dry appearance.
Cereal texture is smoother and beige. If it turns out to be a light blue color it shows that it is absolutely unattainable. When the female is sick, the color of the ceren can change color to beige or open blue. (Picture on the right), the cere will turn brown again.
Male birds at breeding time
Male birds have a dark blue color. The color condition may vary according to health and hormone status. A male bird match can not be determined precisely at the time of the cereal rengine gore, their color is close to bright brilliance every time.
A male birdhouse that is not in time for matching
A patient who does not want to match and a male bird loses color and gets a dark-bottomed color.
Sick male birds
As a sign of disturbance and as a result of hormone exchange, cereal turns into a dark brown color, may be a tumor sign in the reproductive organs. But not every cerebellum in every testis tumor. Cerenin color can be mixed with the fruit of the females in the breeding season.
Estimated difficult situations
Gender detection in specific mutations and in some colors is not easy. Difficult mutations, albino, lutino, and birds that are not ready for recruitment, non-adult birds.
Especially in the case of male birds are very difficult to choose. The colors of ceri can vary from pink to lilac. Time can also be white.
It is not easy to distinguish them for a non-expert. At first glance, it can be thought that the two birds are of the same sex. But you can see power-perceived differences when examined in more detail. Young men have pink or purple power. There are white rings around the nostrils and the back of the cerenin is whitish blue.
Cage and accessories
- Cage – choose a cage in ideal size according to the number of budgerigars. A cage measuring at least 45cm by 45cm for a single budgerigar. The larger the width or width of the cage, the better.
- Manager and water bottle – if they do not come together in the cage, buy it or get older.
- Ferrules – cage in various shapes and sizes, and at least one of them is a natural perch from the tree branch.
- Bait – buy from quality and packaged baits produced for budgerigars.
- Bucket – ink fish bone or plaster made bucket
- Mineral block (e.g., Witte Molen)
- Toys – choose various toys for the cage. Simple zillions, rings and plastic balls are both cheap and favorite toys. (Do not use mirrors)
- Black and white newspaper – you can put it on the cage floor, if possible use inkless paper, for example, straw paper.
- A thin cover – to cover the night’s cage.
Preparations before bringing home
- Research – research veterinary policlinics and animal hospitals around the world where you can take your budgie to contraception in an emergency.
- Control – you can take your veterinarian to the cottage after bringing your bird home.
- Cleaning – Wash all new and old accessories including cage.
- Edit – edit the room where your buddy will stop, remove the things that might be dangerous to you when you attack your bird.
- Stresten purification – the budgerigar is a stressful situation for your bird to come to a new place, so you have to remove the stress items from the middle, for example, turn off the air conditioner and leave it to your situation until you get used to it.
- Place the cradle together with all the accessories in the room. Do not fill it with café toys so leave a space where your buddy can rest comfortably.
When choosing your buddy Pet store/manufacturer
- The pet store or the manufacturer’s environment must be clean and tidy.
- All budgerigars must be fed with clean water and feed. (No moss-holding juices, no dirty food containers)
- The birds in the coops must be alive, moving.
- No bird in the poultry
Disease Indications in Budgerigars
- Fluffy fur
- impairment of the feathers around the nostrils
- balance problem
- lack of wing and hairy hair
- spots on eyes, cere, beak, and feet
- sticky stool in the poppy
Signs of Healthy budgerigar
- Healthy and alive – The most important factor you need to be aware of when choosing your buddy.
- Is communicating with live, player and other birds in the cluster
- The weight should be good (both sides of the breastbone should be plump when you take it)
- Have clean and bright eyes
- Should not carry any of the above-listed disease symptoms
Age – if you wish to domesticate, choose a budgerigar smaller than 4 months old.
- 4 months or less budgerigar:
- Dark black eyes in normal mutations
- Again normal headlines in normal mutations
- Character – watch budgerigars and try to communicate with them.
Desired character attributes:
- It can be tamed, if you take your finger it should be there for a while.
- Color preference – depends on you.
A budgerigar should bath how often. This question certainly affects every bird-keeper. But there is no suitable answer for it. An important point is that every bird really needs bano and bathing is important for her health. Before responding to these questions, we need to be able to examine why birds are bathing. To survive in nature, the fur must be clean and well-maintained. If it is not clean, it can not protect it from cold or hot and prevents it from flying. Birds for human beings are not so polluted, and do not create many obstacles, so birds that are ready for human beings are able to survive because they do not have to fly many miles a day to find fodder. So this means that you do not have to take a bath every day, but bathing is still good and entertaining to birds.
How often do budgie birds bathe?
There are no strict rules for this. This is more dependent on your bird’s liking and willingness to take a bath. But I think that if a bird-carrying bird is forced to wash in the narrow mouth of the juvenile and stubbornly does not put a bath or dish, I think he should be ashamed of himself. Because it provided him with inadequate bathing.
How do you wash budgerigars?
From bird to bird. Some budgerigars perch on the edge of the bell, and some of them love to bathe in the grass. You will find yourself how your bird loves to wash. Some love large pots, some like a sheltered guard.
Some birds like to wash among lettuce leaves. And try to soak themselves while pretending to be washed. You can pick it out and the grass can do the same job by soaking it lightly. These birds create an environment that is close to washing in the morning damp grass.
Some birds enjoy a full banyod. It is suitable for a plastic bath. These baths can hang out of the cage, but most will still prefer large containers and open space. Minerals to be added to bath water are not necessary at all. Clean and warm water is enough.
Bath under the shower
Bathing under running water is also a favorite method of budgerigars. You can sit in your hand and wash it under a running tap. This method is not interested in how wet the bird is and only enjoys it. Be careful that the water does not flow too hard, and do not force the bird under your water by holding it with your hands. Do not make the water hot, but it ‘s like ice.
Birds are the favorite method. Put the birds together with the wire part of the cage, then set the shower head to flow like a light rain shower, not hot.
The birds do not have the place to flee.
Then slowly start flowing from the edge. It will come in itself, or you can keep it lightly on top to make it tasteful.
Small droplets of sprey may not go very well with birds because the water droplets are very thin and make it difficult to breathe. If you are a bird who loves to spray, you should use a spree that you have taken with this target, and there are no such things as agricultural pesticides and pesticides. Do not leave it in the water, because the formation of bacteria is ensured, use fresh water every time.
Should the wet bird be dried?
No, the birds dry themselves. Do not put wet birds in an absolutely airy place and allow them to dry in a sheltered way. This can make them sick, this is not always the time for bathing, but it is always there, so you do not stay on the current. Sensitive and old birds can be put next to a heated lamp and warmed up.